Basically I'm a giant pussy is a good summary for this post.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
It's a hard choice
Narrowing down songs for the open mic is super hard. On one hand I've written some awesome stuff that I know would go over well, on the other hand I know the audience too well and am not sure I feel comfortable exposing that much of myself to these people... I have at least one song I know I feel good about... but there other two I'm torn between are so... hurtful. But they're also beautiful, and they're everything that the persona of Angry Guitar Chick is about... but it's so hard to put those feelings out there where everyone knows what they are. As a performer and a self proclaimed bitch I should feel alright just displaying these emotions for the world to see, however, I've grown a bit of compassion since the last open mic I did, and don't feel comfortable showing that side of myself so easily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment