I've decided that about 5 years ago this was possibly the best summer job ever. And I'm sure certain aspects still are. But since the economy hit things have changed. I have no proof because I only spent one season there, but it's pretty apparent that things have slowed way down at the park. In my location we had the set up to have to stands of guys scooping fries but only utilized it once. Also my bosses jobs are huge. I've heard that there used to be more of them and the only ones left are being forced to do that job of 4 people. That's just insane. Also there was rumor that you got a bonus if you finished your contact up till a year ago. Depending on how many hours you worked you could earn a double pay check at the end of the season. However, the only incentives left are the half hearted parties they throw us and the dances that only the weird kids went to.
This job wouldn' thave been worth the heartache if I hadn't been promoted early in the whole process. I wouldn't have made enough money to justify the bull shit. But I also would have had more time to have a social life up there. In 3 months I went out with "friends" one night. Maybe the Taiwanese roomies didn't help either.But a $600 paycheck every two weeks is the main reason I was able to get through this thing.
I went through 4 co sups who all ended up having to leave me. First one was fired. Because of that he was held on some sort of pedestal, but in all honesty it was good he was fired because then I would have never had the chance to step up and take charge. Second one was a quitter and quitters piss me off. He was the one best at his job but because he couldn't handle the beaurocracy of this pace. Which was pretty horrible I won't lie, but we all had to deal with it. He took things even more personally than I did. Third was that stupid little green tag fucker. He got demoted. Made me giggle for a whole day. And Fourth started out good enough, but somewhere in the last week he just stopped caring. I'm sure it was something in his personal life or what not. Or he just couldn't cut the hours. He never showed up to an open shift on time.
But yeah... those were all men.
I technically had one more co sup but she's still there and she was kinda brought in a reinforcements half way through the season. She knew what she was doing, but the kids didn't care for her style that much. Too much of a micro manager.
But it's over. I never have to wear that stupid ugly uniform ever again. I never have to walk through that park again. Slide over those greasy floors. Deal with those people. Those bosses. That bullshit. None of it! I'm so stoked.
Now I can worry about getting my hair done and going to Vegas. FINALLY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment