Thursday, February 19, 2009

Something you keep in a box on a street

So my former band director just had a stroke. This is a terribly selfish thought, but why is everyone around me dying? Things do not look good for him, the blood clot in his brain is too deep to be operable, and they say he's lost all ability to move on his left side. I was told this late last night via facebook by my Senior English teacher, who was big in the band. I really can't imagine what his family is going through. Even so I keep thinking... he'll never be able to play music ever again... he's going to be just like my Grandma (almost identical situation happened with her when i was about 3, only her clot was operable.)... This literally came out of nowhere. He had just gotten a facebook and was planning on attending the Alumni Pep Band next week. I don't understand why these things happen.
My Dad texted me about it this morning, and I think it's hit him hard as well. He was always very friendly with Mr. Hayes, and wasn't the most supportive band dad, but he did his part for me. But when he sent me the first text with all the information I was currently going to tell him yeah, I already know but thanks for telling me... then he sent me another text. Just saying I love you. My father is stoic, but when the need be, he's there for you. I think this may have him thinking about his mother and his own mortality. I know it's got me worried out the fucking asshole. Kathy just goes on us and now Mr. Hayes may not make the weekend. I don't know what to think about life anymore. Why can it just be ripped away from you in an instant? Something that is so precious to most of us, we have no control over.
I just don't understand anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment