Thursday, February 12, 2009

Preach electrick to a microfone stand, o


Since the snow has melted and we are currently in a faux spring at the moment I've been very observant. And it's quite different because I am a hugely unobservant person in general. But as I walk to and from class i find myself actually noticing the campus for the first real time. I mean i noticed it when i visited a year ago, but it's not the same as it is right now. There is something about the lack of leaves on the trees that just allows for you to see so much more of the scenery. Somehow during these observations I've finally felt that feeling... the one you get when you know that you're in the right place, that this can be a home for you... Bloomington finally feels like home.

Now I absolutely understand that this statement totally contradicts a blog I made eariler in the week, and I will acknowledge that it sounds hipocritical. However, I mean home in a different sense. What I mean by home is... It feels right, it feels good, it feels like it's mine. I no longer feel like a visitor in this town, I feel like an occupant. I feel like I'm welcome. I think the freshman is finally starting to wear off a little bit and I will soon be able to really get into this city.
(BTWs... my town is gorgeous. )

However, on that note, Corydon will still always be home to me. As much as I hate to admit it, there will always be a little bit of The Old State Capitol within this girl. But I think maybe it's time I grow up and stop looking at C-don as if it is hell on earth. Yeah parts about it sucks, and yeah I'm just not the kind of girl who can stay there forever, but regardless it's the town that raised me. I will forever be the person I am because of what I experienced in the closed minded hole of obscurity.

I've gone from Corydon to Bloomington and am on my way to bigger and better places. Who knows here I'll end up... I could go south for some warmer weather... or I could go North and brave the winters there. Or maybe I'll go West and finally discover the wild open plains of this country. Or maybe I'll go east and learn to love the Coast. Maybe I'll leave this country and finally do all the traveling I've longed for. Who knows where life will take me. All I know is I have faith in the future and know there will always be a home waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment