Thursday, November 5, 2009

A love Poem written for class...

What I’m trying to say

As far as the pepper is from the salt

Is as far as I should be from you

As far as the book is from its shelf

Is far enough my dear, don’t move

As far as the kitten wanders from its milk

My path will wind back towards you

Is how tired I am

As far as the bow is from its strings

Is close enough my point to prove

As far as your lips are from your toes

Is much too far and cannot do

As far as my rug lies from the floor

I would lie with you our legs askew

Of our inability to be with

As far as the burrito is from its foil

Is how I wish to wrap ‘round you

As far as the spoon travels from its drawer

I’ll always return tried and true

As far as your heart is from your chest

Is how I want to beat in you

One another

As far as my skin’s from my tattoo

We’re permanent and we’re taboo

As far as the pen is from its ink

Is how I wish to be imbued

As far as “I hate you” is from the truth

Is how far I would you pursue

every waking moment

No comments:

Post a Comment